***Updated Graduation Plan
Updated Graduation Plan
Wishram School District #94
Due to the recent spike in positive cases of COVID-19 within the Wishram School District #94, the graduation that was planned for 6/12/2021 had to be postponed. An abbreviated celebration will now take place on 6/18/2021, in the Wishram School parking lot, beginning at 11:00 a.m. The new event will take place, so long as no additional COVID-19 infections occur within the students and staff at Wishram School District #94 between the date of this message, and the date of the graduation event. The parameters of the newly designed ceremony will run as follows:
- Each graduate will be provided with their own space within one corner of the parking lot where a table will be set up that contains their diploma, and additional items.
- Each graduate will be provided with a 15-minute allotment of time in which they and their families can enter the parking lot, obtain their diploma and additional items, and take photos.
- Each graduate and their family will need to commit to the appointment in which they have been provided, and show up at the designated time to ensure a smooth event.
- After the allotted time has passed, the graduate and their family will leave the parking lot, and the next family will be escorted in.
- We ask that each family remain with their graduate and immediate family only, without congregating with other families who may be in the area to ensure that the risk for possible transmission of COVID-19 remains as low as possible between different groups.
- All participants must be willing to wear masks during the entire event.
The Schedule for the day will run as follows:
(To be live-streamed on the Wishram School Facebook page from inside Wishram School)
11:00-11:05 a.m.- Superintendent Welcome Address- Mr. Michael Roberts
11:05-11:10- Guest Speaker- Ms. Betsy Barnhart
11:10-11:15- Valedictorian Address- Mr. Justin Ingraham
Transition to Parking Lot Ceremony
11:15-11:30- Justin Ingraham (and family)
11:30-11:45- Zac Cooper (and family)
11:45-12:00- Robbie Dorr (and family)
Thank you everyone for your continued patience, understanding, and support as we once again grapple with the difficulties of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. We are committed to providing a safe and meaningful opportunity to our students and parents and will continue to monitor this situation to ensure that safety remains our top priority at Wishram School District #94.